I went with a shadow box card today to create a fun little 3D scene of a quaint living room full of cats. To start, I stamped my images onto smooth white card stock, colored with Copics and diecut them with the coordinating dies. I used both the LJD Make Yourself At Home and BB Our Story stamp sets for the furniture.
A2 Shadow Box Card Measurements
- Cut 2 pieces of of card stock at 4.25″ x 6.75″
- Score each piece at 1.25″ and 5.5″ inches on the long side
- Diecut some shape (I used a square) in one of these pieces to create a window
- These two pieces with then fit together (folds overlapping and attached on the sides) to create a perfect 4.25″ box (** Leave one side unglued until after the inner shelves are attached to the side of the box that is already glued together **)
- For the inside “shelves”, cut three pieces of card stock (varying heights) at 5″ long. Score all pieces at 3/8″ and 4 5/8″ long. These will attach to the inside sides of the box.