I am so excited to share one of the newest products that will soon be available from MFT Stamps! I immediately fell in love when I first saw it. It’s a set of interactive swing dies and it’s so much fun! I paired it with the beautiful new Pure Innocence Stamp Set called Start Each Day With a “Whee”.
I’ve created a really fun 3D Shadow Box Card to show you just how cool this die set really is. Take a look at the quick clip below to see this set in action.
Isn’t that just so much fun? And the best news is that it’s super easy to use!
I’ve sized my card to fit perfectly into a 5×7 envelope when folded. When it’s popped up and standing, the dimensions are 5.5″ across x 1.5″ deep x 5″ tall.
- Trim 2 pieces of Card Stock to 8.5″ x 5″ (I only showed one in the photo above and in Kraft Card Stock so that you could see the difference between the front panel and the inside panel)
- Score on the long side of both at 1.5″ & 7″
- Diecut a window into one of the panels (you can use whatever shaped die you want. I used the Inside & Out Stitched Circle Die-namics)
- Diecut a few tree tops and some grass from green card stock
- Trim one or two inside panels at 6.25″ x 4 7/8″
- Score inside panel(s) along the long side at 3/8″ & 5 7/8″
- Diecut the same shape (it can vary in size if you want a tunneling effect) from the center of the inside panel(s) to match the front window of the card.
- Use the Interactive Swing Die-namics to cut out swing mechanism and circle
I only used one inside panel in my card today. You can see how I placed it in the center of the card as shown in the photo above.
To get the swing to work is so easy. I simply glued a small Spin & Slide Disk to the top of the inside panel.
I then placed my swing mechanism over top of this and then glued a larger circle to the front of the Spin & Slide Disk so that the mechanism would not fall off but still move back and forth easily. I actually used a piece of clear acetate for my mechanism because it is sturdier than paper and seemed to move much more freely.
Lastly, I adhered my Pure Innocence Image to the mechanism with liquid adhesive. The ropes of her swing fit perfectly over the mechanism so that nothing of the mechanism shows.
I diecut my tree tops and grass from some Sour Apple Card Stock and then lightly blended them with some Distress Inks (Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint) in order to give them some depth. I also added some flowers from the previously released Love Buds Stamp Set. All of my images were stamped with Black Ink and colored with Copic Sketch Markers.
I also added a bright blue sky with some clouds to the back panel of the card by blending some Salty Ocean Distres Oxide Ink over top of the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil on a separate sheet of Neenah Solar White 110 lb Card Stock. I stamped my sentiment onto the front of my card with Black Ink before I attached the front panel to the rest of the card.
I have one last quick video clip to share with you to show you how easily this folds and fits into the 5″x7″ envelope.
The new release and all new product links will be available to you this upcoming Tuesday, March 12th @ 10 AM EDT. Make sure you stop by the MFT Blog for more sneak peeks and inspiration! Also, leave a comment there for a chance to win a $75 MFT Gift Voucher!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by! If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, don’t forget to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!
Wishing you all a very happy day!