Get the news right in your inbox!

Interactive Carousel | MFT Stamps August Release Countdown – Day 5

August 1, 2019

Interactive Carousel | MFT Stamps August Release Countdown – Day 5

August 1, 2019

Hello, everyone! It’s time to start the countdown for the My Favorite Things August Release! I know I say this every time, but this release is filled with so many amazing new products!

My card today features new Interactive Up & Down Die-namics combined with the Carousel Horses and Carousel Die-namics. How genius is this new interactive die?? When you pull on the tab, the horses go up and down just like a real carousel! It’s so much fun, you’re going to love it!

Here’s a short video clip to see how the card looks when in real motion. It’s pretty addictive to play with lol.

To start, I first blended some Distress Oxide Inks (Spun Sugar and Shaded Lilac) onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110 lb Card Stock. For those of you that have been following me, you know that this is my “go-to” card stock for both ink blending and coloring. I then splattered this panel with some water and blotted it dry with a paper towel after letting it sit for about a minute. To give this background a little more interest, I then splattered it lightly with some diluted Opaque White Paint and some Purple Watercolor Paint.

For my images, I stamped the Carousel Horses onto another sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock, colored them with Copics and then used the coordinating Carousel Horses Die-namics to cut them out. I also diecut a carousel from some Neenah Card Stock using the Carousel Die-namics. I then again used Copics to color both the tented top and the base of the carousel.

There is a wonderful video tutorial by Laura Dovalo HERE that shows you how to use this new interactive die.

Stay tuned! There’s so much more crafty goodness to come over the next few days! Make sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more sneak peeks and inspiration! Leave a comment there for a chance to win a $75 MFT Gift Voucher!

Thank you so much for dropping by! If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a happy day!

โ™ฅ Rachel

• Sweet Sarah August 1, 2019 at 12:19 PM

I would probably be addicted to playing with it as well! Cute card!

• Cindy G. August 1, 2019 at 5:18 PM

These are my favorite colors too! This is a card that truly inspires me to try to make one too! I must have this stamp & die set!

• rachelalvaradodesigns August 3, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Thank you for your sweet comments, Cindy! You will love these!

• Lagene August 1, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Gorgeous coloring, I love your interactive carousel!

• Kristen August 2, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Thank you for the added video, your colors and interactive element are awesome!

• Nanette Leiker August 2, 2019 at 5:42 AM

I really enjoyed your card. You used my favorite colors too. The interactive piece is so cool!Thank you for sharing your techniques with us!

• Gladys M August 2, 2019 at 8:35 AM

Rachel this is soo pretty and awesome! Love it!

• Adam August 3, 2019 at 2:13 AM

G’Day Rachel, each sequential card keeps growing from strength to strength. Your paper crafting talents shows no bounds and is superlative above all others. This interactive card specifically is remarkable in every way describable. Thank you so much for lighting up my day. Cheers and blessing from the Land Of Oz.

• Hello, I'm Rachel! Thanks so much for dropping by and welcome to my blog! I love creating and am excited to share with you my love for card making and paper crafting.

Rachel

Stay Connected

Newsletter

Privacy Policy

Categories

Instagram

• Letโ€™s celebrate! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ‰ The Say It in a Starburst Card Kit from @mftstamps is now available!  I love how versatile this kit is!  I used the gorgeous starburst stamp on a galaxy-themed background combined with one of the cute #birdiebrown astronauts from the Space Explorer #stampset. If you are interested in the bundle deal, kits are available at a discounted price in limited quantities. Card and Card Kit details can be found on my blog - link in profile. #mftstamps #mftcardkit #sayitinastarburst #cardkit #mftdienamics #cardmakingkits #distressoxide #rangerink
    • Hello, crafty friends! ๐Ÿค— I hope your week is off to a good start!  Would you like a chance to win a $50 @mftstamps Gift Voucher? ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป If so, thereโ€™s still time to come and play along with this weekโ€™s Wednesday Sketch Challenge!  Swipe left ๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿผ to see the current sketch layout. For my take on the sketch, I used the #birdiebrown Squirrel! #clearstamps set combined with the Cross Stitch Tags #dienamics. Iโ€™d love to see what you create! (Winner chosen randomly). Details on my blog - clickable link in profile. #mftstamps #myfavoritethingsstamps #mftdies #mftsketchchallenge #mftwsc
    • For this weekโ€™s #c9featurefriday from @concordand9th, we are showcasing the brand new Autumn Harvest ๐Ÿ‚ and Vintage Artichoke Bundles!  Both of my  cards today are one-layer and were colored using #copicsketchmarkers. The gorgeous Autumn Harvest Set is designed around masking as the dies from this set cut out the exact shape of the stamped image! When combined with the @ginakdesigns Magic Masking Paper, it makes masking a cinch! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Donโ€™t forget to check out the gorgeous projects posted from my fellow guest designers, @jessicafrostballas and @hanlynart!  Card details can be found on my blog - link in profile.  #concordand9th #c9turns4 #c9guestdesigners #ginakdesigns #fallcards #thanksgivingcard #maskingtechnique
    • Happy Friday! ๐ŸŽ‰ Do you have any Super Hero fans in your life?  Iโ€™m up on the @sunnystudiostamps blog today sharing these fun Super Hero #gifttags!  These make the perfect addition to a gift or treat bag for a child, friend, favorite teacher, and/or someone you appreciate!  I used #copicmarkers to color my images and have listed all of the color combos on my blog - link in profile. #sunnystudiostamps #gifttag #handmadegifttags #papertags #patternedpaper
    • Hello, friends! ๐Ÿค— Have you been loving The Vault Release from @mftstamps! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป This little cute artist from the #pureinnocencestamps series has been slightly revised from its previously retired version and comes with a new coordinating #dienamics set as well!  I combined the You Color My World and Abstract Doodle #clearstamps sets for my card today.  I absolutely love this sentiment!  You can check out the rest of the new releases on the MFT website or card details on my blog - clickable link in profile. #mftstamps #myfavoritethingsstamps #mftdienamics #coloroutsidethelines #abstractstamp
    • Hello! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ For day 2 of the @mftstamps Vault Release, I am sharing a card that features the Sweet Birthday Wishes #clearstamps set illustrated by #birdiebrown. This popular, once-retired set has been updated and re-released!  Details on blog - clickable link in profile. #mftstamps #mftdienamics #myfavoritethingsstamps #birthdaycards
    • Hello, crafty friends! ๐Ÿค— I have some exciting NEWS to share with you today! ๐ŸŽ‰ @mftstamps has started a new monthly feature called The Vault!  Itโ€™s where they will be releasing a handful of previously retired products with an updated design!  So, if youโ€™ve missed out on some oldies but goodies, now might be the chance to get some of these amazing items that you might have been looking for!  My card today features the Artist Palette & Brush #dienamics. I used #copicsketchmarkers to color the ink splotches and the Wood Plank #backgroundstamp to add some wooden texture to my palette. I used some #missionwatercolors to loosely paint a colorful background. More details can be found on my blog - clickable link in profile. #mftstamps #mftdienamics #mftvault #watercolor #copiccoloring #paintpalette
    • Hello and Happy Sunday, crafty friends! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™m sharing some super cute Super Heroes from the Super Duper Stamps #clearstamps Set from @sunnystudiostamps. Iโ€™m sure most of you know someone that loves Super Heroes! These images make for some cute cards and/or gift accessories. I used #copicsketchmarkers to color these #stampedimages and the coordinating Super Duper #metaldies to cut them out. I will be sharing the copic blends that I used to color these on my blog later this week!  Project coming soon!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend! โ˜บ๏ธ #sunnystudiostamps #sunnystudio #diecuts #copiccoloring #cardmaking #handmadecards #superheroparty #scrapbooking #coloringisfun #cardmakersofinstagram #stamping
    • Hello, crafty friends! ๐Ÿค— I am so excited and honored to be guest designing alongside @jessicafrostballas and @hanlynart this month for @concordand9th to help celebrate their 4th birthday! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽˆWeโ€™re kicking off the amazing August Release with the fun Cake Layers #metaldies and the Confetti Turnabout #stampset!  The best news is that you can EARN each of these sets for FREE with qualifying purchases! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป Also, to celebrate their birthday, #concordand9th is now offering both a gorgeous enamel pin and enamel keychain in their popular Hello Lovely Stamp design!  Swipe ๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿผ through pics to see what they look like!  Card details are on my blog - clickable link in profile. #concordand9th #c9featurefriday #c9turns4 #turnaboutstamps #cardmaking #handmadecards  #birthdaycard #enamelpins #enamelkeychain

Follow @theunpamperedstamper