Hello everyone! The January Release from My Favorite Things is now available! I hope you all have enjoyed all of the amazing new products that debuted this week!
I have some fun “potted” cacti box cards to share with you today using the new Let’s Stick Together Stamp Set illustrated by Birdie Brown. I created a few small box cards to resemble some terracotta pots and added my cacti to the inner shelves of the card. To start, I used a piece of Orange Zest Prestige Card Stock and followed the steps listed below.
- Step 1: Trim 2 pieces of orange card stock to 4 1/4 ” x 2 1/4″ and another two pieces to 3 1/4″ long x .75″-1″ wide.
- Step 2: Score each larger piece at 2.5″ and 3.75″ on the longer side.
- Step 3: Score each larger piece at 1.75″ on the shorter side.
- Step 4: Score each of the inner shelf strips at 3/8″ snf 2 7/8″
- Step 5: Trim along the score lines that are lined in black (shown above)
- Step 6: Fold along score lines to create a box
- Step 7: Attach the box together by putting adhesive along each tag on the sides
- Step 7: Adhere flaps to the base of the card to resemble the rim of a terracotta pot.
- Step 8: Add inner shelves (evenly spaced)
In order to add a little more depth to my “pots”, I lightly blended some Ripe Persimmon and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks to my paper prior to gluing my box together. Because it made the job easier, I also heat embossed my sentiments with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder before putting my base together as well.
All of my images were stamped with black ink onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 100lb Card Stock, colored with Copic Markers, and diecut with the coordinating dies. I added some grass into each pot using the Grassy Edges Die-namics along with a piece of Sour Apple Card Stock.
Make sure to stop by the MFT Blog to check out the inspiration from each of the DT Members Release Day blog posts. Don’t forget to leave a comment on each person’s post for a chance to win 1 of 2 $100 MFT Gift Vouchers!
In case you missed any of my other projects this past week, you can click on any of the photos above for a closer look and more product details.
Thank you all so much for dropping by! If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!
Wishing you all the most wonderful day and happy card making!