Hello friends! It’s time for a brand new Color Challenge from My Favorite Things! You don’t have to use the exact colors shown but rather ones that these colors inspire you to use!
I created a one-layered card for my take on the challenge using some of the adorable bears from the BB Polar Bear Pals Stamp Set. I used some Gina K. Designs Masking Magic Sheets to stamp, fussy cut, and mask my images as I stamped on my card base to create the illusion of depth.
While leaving my masking pieces still on my images, I blended my background with some Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. I then splattered this blending with both diluted white and blue paints to create a wintry sky.
Once my panel was dry, I then colored my images with Copic Markers.
Copic Color Blends Used:
- White/Grays: 0, C00, C2, C4
- Dark Blues: B21, B24, B26, B39
- Light Blues/Snow: B0000, B000, B01, B04
Lastly, I stamped my sentient with black ink onto the bottom center portion of my card.
Come play along for a chance to win a $50 MFT Gift Voucher! Head on over to the MFT Blog for more challenge inspiration and the link to upload your creations!
Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by! If you liked this card and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!
It’s fabulous! Thank you for the inspiration.
Thank you, Kristi!
Wonderful card Rachel! Love your background and the polar bear pals set! Your cards are such incredible inspiration!
Thank you so much, sweet friend!
Oh Rachel, how sweet is this! Your card design is deceptively simple, but so impactful with your use of color. Thank you for always inspiring! Merry Christmas! I hope you have a beautiful holiday with your family.
Thank you so much, my friend! <3
How do you choose your color combos… I love the ones you picked for these blues… I would have never have thought to do B04 with B000 and B01… do you have a chart?
Honestly, I just pick them as I go lol. I’ll try different blends on a scrap piece of paper first until I get what I like. I don’t have a chart but after awhile, it’s easy for me to remember certain blends that I like to use.
Rachel this is just so beautiful, your cards are just breath taking!
Thank you so very much, dear Anisha!
I love your cards; they ALWAYS make me smile. You have an eye for design and details. I was wondering four things about your “paint splatter” backgrounds,
1. What kind of paint you use? Acrylic?
2. What brand of paint?
3. What grade/level of paint? Student or artist?
4. What type and size of brush you use?
Thanks for your expertise and inspiration!!!
Thank you so much, Dana, your are so sweet! In answer to your questions:
1. I use Opaque Copic White Paint (diluted with water) for my white splatter background
2. For the other paints, I mainly use my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor paints that I bought as a set on Amazon. I just dilute these with water as well when I do my splattering.
3. I would say that my paints would be condsidered student level or beginner artist. I do have some artist watercolor paints (Daniel Smith) that I use for watercoloring but not for splattering.
4. For my white paint splattering, I use a size 4 round paint brush (nothing fancy!). I’m pretty sure it came in a set of 4 for about $8 at Hobby Lobby. For my colored paint splattering, I use a size 2 round brush that came in the same set.
Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thank you again for your sweet comments. 🙂
Your colouring and ink work is always utterly delish Rachel! Hope you’ve had a wonderful Christmas hun and wishing you a safe, healthy and happy 2021. Hugs, Wends xoxo