Hello crafty friends! I have some fun 3D Food Trucks to share with you today using the new Spellbinders July Large Die of the Month. You can get this new set at a discounted price until July 28th HERE.
This fun new set can be used to create the cutest food trucks! The set also comes with an adorable little taco that can be placed on top of the truck, but I opted to create two coordinating ice cream trucks instead. You do not have to make your food trucks 3D but wanted to show you how to stretch your dies to create something different.
Here are some quick and simple steps to make a 3D food truck of your own. (You can also watch the short clip below for a fun stop-motion view of how I created these.)
- Die cut two separate trucks of the same color
- Die cut window into front truck
- Add fully decorated tires to the front truck
- Add basic tires to the back truck (they don’t need to be decorated because they aren’t seen but you can decorate them if you want)
- Add all of your decorations and designs to the truck that will be in the front
- Cut two pieces of matching card stock to 2 3/8″ x 1 3/4″
- Score each piece at 2/8″ from both ends of each piece and fold along score lines in the same direction
- Adhere your pieces with liquid adhesive to the front of the base truck (see video below)
- Adhere front truck to the tabs on the base truck
- If you want to add a truck topper, you can add a strip between the two scored base pieces that attach the trucks together. To do this, simply die cut a 3″ x 1/4″ piece of card stock and score at 3/8″ on each side. Then you can glue this piece in between the scored base pieces near the top of the truck.
- Add you ice cream cone or taco to the top.
Depending on the top decoration on your truck, this can fold to easily fit into a standard A2 sized envelope or larger for mailing.
I hope you enjoyed these cards today! All of the products and card stock that I used are in the links below. (Affiliated links used where applicable at no extra charge to you.)
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!